I finished my star blocks and got a big start on my appliqued blocks for Halloween 1904. I changed up the pattern a bit, and added my own applique designs to make it more unique. The applique patterns came from various sources--the new Primative magazine, the Henrietta Whiskers BOM, and an old applique book I had sitting around. You can find good applique designs just about anywhere, really.
I got so excited making these blocks I just slapped them up on the deisgn wall right on top of my Shiloh quilt. The colors of the two projects are remarkably harmonious, aren't they?
Honestly, this was so much fun. I felt terrifically creative and so pleased with how everything is coming together.
Although I made wonderful progress, I still have many a mile to go before I rest. The star blocks all need to have their corner triangles attached, and the pumpkin blocks need to have the rest of the applique work finished. I think I am going to embroider curling viney stems instead messing around with bias tape as the pattern calls for. I will also embroider bird legs and oak leaf stems. Oh, and the big job ahead of me is making a gazillion half square triangles to surround the blocks!
A good start has also been made on the half square triangles. I am using the Spinning Star papers and have about half of them cut out.
While baby naps this week, I will be stitching away!