I am making real progress this week with my Message in a Bottle blocks. I have completed the square in a square blocks (56), the pinwheel blocks (42), and the pieced setting triangles (26). Soon, I will be putting these up on the design wall and sewing my rows together!
This pattern is highly recommended by me. The blocks are simple, easy to piece, and the only time consuming aspect has been the amount of trimming required. The trimming has been totally worth it, as all the block components have come together perfectly. Once the blocks are connected, there will be a fairly complex looking design, that will be pleasing to the eye, I think.
Sorry about the picture quality. I took the photo with my camera, and the lighting is very strange. You get the idea though!
Plenty of sewing going on, but it's a busy week all the same!
Next up I am going to work on my baskets for the Hill Country Basket quilt. These are much more tedious and are going to require a lot more concentration on my part.