Finally all the strips for my Red Pineapple quilt are cut out. Just the red ones are shown above. I made an executive decision to make this quilt 49 blocks (7 x 7) rather than 56 blocks (7 x 8). I used up every scrap of red French General fabric I own, and believe me, that was quite a lot. Let me just say, this block takes a LOT of fabric. It would be the best scrap buster ever, if you were to truly make it scrappy and use up every bit of whatever you have on hand. Your scrap bin would be empty.
I thought I would never finish cutting these strips. But I did. What you see above are 196 pieces EACH of the following sizes: 3 1/2, 5, 6, 6 1/2, and 7 1/2 inch pieces. The lights are done and are bagged up separately. Similar numbers, but not quite so many strip sizes.
That is going to be a fine looking quilt.