Here is Metro Hold the Lattice. I have the rows almost half sewn together. I made the top with a collection of Circa 1934 fabric and the Quick Curve Ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful. I took liberties with the pattern (actually called Metro Lattice) and left out a pieced lattice that I didn't particularly care for.
Here are the issues: The points of the pinwheels don't particularly line up at all. I suppose that was the purpose of the lattice in the original pattern directions--to separate those pesky things even more. They kind of sort of float, especially when viewed from a distance, but trust me, it isn't so beautiful up close. The second issue is when you sew the blocks together, the corners where all those seams come together are horribly bulky. I hope my quilter doesn't break a needle. If I have it quilted.
Maybe once it is quilted and balled up in a chair or something it won't be so noticeable.
Not real happy about this project. But is is pretty from across the room.
I tell you my next project is going to have all straight lines and not require anything to match up.