I am so excited to share with you my Sunflower Sisters quilt! I made this quilt as a Sew Along with two friends, Thelma of Cupcakes "n' Daisies and Lisa of Stashmaster. We swapped red, gold, black and brown fabrics to give ourselves more variety, and gave each other lots of encouragement as we proceded through the project. The real name of this pattern is Autumn in My Garden by Buggy Barn, and it is available on the Buggy Barn website.
I opted to make my version of the quilt smaller, as my intention is to use it as a table cloth for summer and fall entertaining. Ozzie approves, as you can see.
In other posts, I have lamented the issues I had making my quilt, so I won't go over them again, except to say that accuracy was a problem that could have been avoided if I had slowed down and not rushed through the experience. At last, my quilt top was put together satisfactorily and I laid it out to take a photo for this final reveal.
I cannot even believe I did that.
But I did.
No matter, it is fixable, but I swear, it is typical of what I went through with this project from start to finish! Don't get me wrong, there is no problem whatsoever with the pattern instructions. I just didn't take the time to do more exacting construction techniques when I really should have. I hurried, and this is what happens when you do that.
Here it is, all fixed. I showed my family my mistake before I corrected it, and they begged me to leave it in. "Nobody is perfect", they said, "you should leave it, it's charming". Uh, no, I don't think so.
Live and learn, slow down and smell the roses, no job is worth doing unless it is done well, insert platitude of your choice here...It is done and I do love it, that is all that matters!