Finished on a Friday, how appropriate! At last, this big quilt is all done. I swear if I didn't get it done this weekend, Tracey would have shown up on my door step saying, "For Heaven's sake Nicole, I'll do it, if you can't manage it after all this time". I sure did drag this one out. It was the lattices, what can I say? There were just so many of them.
The quilt pattern is Antique Stars, by Red Crinoline Quilts. The fabrics are all pulled from my stash, no one group predominates. Reds, browns, tans, a hint of pink. 85 blocks. It measures 91 x 91 and took me over a year to finish, mainly because I kept putting it away.
The blocks were fun to make (combining the fabrics is always such a joy), and arranging them was a challenge since it was supposed to be pretty random. The lattices took for bloody ever.
There was a mistake in the pattern, which you should note if you have an older edition of the pattern, as I did. The cutting instructions say to cut two 6 1/4" squares and cut once on the diagonal for the corner squares. It should be cut two 7 1/4" squares. This error has been corrected in more recent pattern editions.
This one is going to be off to Mary Flynn at Quilt Hollow for quilting and should be properly on my bed in the New Year!